Denise
Tonight I listened to Middle Boy telling Younger Boy he needs to focus and get things done.  When someone asks him to do (or not do) somehting then he should start (or stop) doing it.

He went on to talk about doing what you say you are going to do and having follow through.  He talked about being trustworthy with your actions.  He talked about truthfulness and motivation. 

He set a timer and had Younger Boy try to focus and stay on task for five minutes and then rewarded him when he did.

I wonder...is this what I sound like?  Over the years in my career I have been told teaching is the best way to learn.  He wasn't harsh or mean to Younger Boy, but he was direct and straightforward.  He was also an encourager telling him he knew he could do it.

Praises for Middle Boy being a good older brother to Younger Boy.  I don't thank God often enough for the fact that they are best friends and get along AMAZINGLY.
0 Responses

Post a Comment