Denise
This afternoon I attended the sixth grade graduation of Younger Boy.  Honestly there was NO ONE in that room who had their face light up more than when he saw me there.  He was smiling ear to ear through the ENTIRE ceremony.

I got to meet all of his "best friends" and we took their photos together.  He took photos with the guidance counselor and two of his teacher.  The principal gave him the following encouragement "You are a smart, smart boy.  Remember that when you go to middle school."  He was beaming ear to ear.

As we were walking to his classroom to get his book bag he said "You aren't going to believe this, but I am really going to miss this place."  He even got a little bit teary-eyed.

He was so proud and excited.  He dressed up in a dress shirt and tie.  I had suggested nice shorts and a polo, but this was more important to him than that.  He slicked his hair down in the bathroom right before the ceremony.

I am proud of him.  He is smart. 

The part that made my heart smile the most was his excitement and just pure JOY!  Honestly I have never seen him like that and it was AMAZING for me!!

Praises for joy, excitement, and the feeling of accomplishment.
0 Responses

Post a Comment