Denise
When Middle Boy spirals downward with behavior he keeps spiraling until he hits bottom.  Younger Boy almost always gets caught in the vortex.

It started today with me being angry about the "bullet" holes in the blinds.  It moved on to inappropriate website searches, not doing his afterschool task (empty the dishwasher) and being no where to be found when I got home from work.  It continued with screaming about how no one trusts him and blaming Younger Boy for not helping with anything.

It continued with bargaining for something he wanted (a basketball hoop) if he promises to get his behavior and lying undercontrol.

I had to separate myself from the situation.  I usually do this by going in my room for "personal time".  While I was in my room Middle Boy knocked on the door and wanted to talk.

He confessed that he screwed up...a lot....today.  He recognized that once he got frustrated he continued to make bad choice after bad choice and tried to cover it with lying.  He asked how he could make up for it today.

I explained that what he does today is just a start.  Today he can do his afterschool task and work around the house, but more importantly it is time to start being honest, respectful, and trustworthy.  Every day...not just today.  That is what I want.

I know what I am asking could be beyond his skill set, but I don't think so.  I think he just needs to be held accountable and reminded.

Prayers for behavior, honesty, trustworthiness, and respect.  Characteristics of a good man to be instilled in these boys.
0 Responses

Post a Comment