Denise
Last night I gave the boys one thing to get accomplished during the day today.

I talked to the boys MULTIPLE times throughout the course of the day to check in on how that single task was going.  It was fairly obvious to me that it hadn't moved from dead center all day, but with each call I chose to trust them that it would get done.  After all they had promised it would and they want to work on my trusting them.

The task was clean up the basement.  Granted it was kind of multi-part task, but when I got home tonight it was a lot LESS CLEAN than when I left in the morning.  I am aware that sometimes to fully clean you have to make a bigger mess than what you started with, but not the case here.

I chose not to say anything, but to just start cleaning up the basement.  It made kind of a powerful statement.


0 Responses

Post a Comment