Denise
Tonight I had a meeting and the boys were at home. 

They each had two things to do while I was gone.  I have asked Babysitter M not to nag them to get the things done, but to gently remind them once or twice.  The boys have been asking for more responsibility and want to be trusted SO these little things matter.

Both of them had three math problems left to do on their homework.  Younger Boy needed to take a shower and Middle Boy needed to put his laundry away.

None of it got done.  Not one thing.  They did have time to go to the park and to play outside with Sophie.  Babysitter M reminded them twice of what they needed to do in the time I was gone.

When I got home I explained that you have to prove you are ready for responsibility and trust and everything matters...EVERYTHING.

0 Responses

Post a Comment