Denise
We went to church this morning.  It was a good sermon for all of us to hear and it was nice to worship with the boys.

The sermon was on Colossians 3:1-8 and was about what we use as idols above Jesus.  They had big chalkboards at the front of the church and you had the opportunity to use write the following phrase:

Jesus > whatever your idol or trouble is

Middle Boy didn't want to go up front.  He hates drawing attention to himself so I wasn't surprised.  Younger Boy did want to go up.  Also not a surprise.

Younger Boy wrote:  Jesus > my anger

I thought that was pretty profound for him.  I wouldn't say he necessarily idolizes it, but it absolutely controls him quite often.

He told one of the pastors that from now on every time he feels himself getting angry he is going to walk away and pray.  I don't think there is anything else anyone can expect of him.

Praises for a good message with good follow-up discussion.
0 Responses

Post a Comment