Denise
The past five years of my life have led me to be a foster parent.  It all started with Royal Family Kids Camp.  It is where I fell in love with the foster child and it is where I was called to action.  Maybe not quickly to action, but definitely a tug over time to action.

I still volunteer at Royal Family Kids Camp every year.  Probably always will.  I also volunteer at Teen Reach Adventure Camp.  I actually met both boys at these camps.  I love these camps.  They are run entirely on donations and have no paid staff.

This year the camps are going forward on faith God will provide as we still need between seventy and eighty percent of the funds for camp.  See, the foster kids go for free.  It is all foster kids at camp and for many of them this is the only camp they would be able to attend.  Some because of their medications, most because of the types of behaviors they exhibit.  It just wouldn't be tolerated at other camps.

Here is my wish.  That you would help if you can.  It costs $250 for each camper to attend as well as each volunteer.  The bulk of it is for housing at the campground.  Volunteers don't pay to go...they give up a week of their time.

There are two ways you can help.

If you live in our area you can join us in the Happy Camper Run.  Get a team together.  Walk with me.  I'm signed up to do the one mile.  I would love to have you.

You can find the information about registering here.  Pass the word around if you know any runners or walkers or anyone who knows how to walk.

If you don't live in the area you can make a donation directly to the camp online here.  Any amount would be appreciated.

If you can't give...pray.  Pray that kids lives would be forever changed through these camps.  I know mine was.
0 Responses

Post a Comment