Denise
Tonight Middle Boy wanted to work on math.  Actually asked what time we were starting.

I teased him about liking math.  He said "no, but I like getting better at math".  That is a start.

Tonight was a little bit disheartening, but also eye-opening for me.  I can't remember if I mentioned that we started with third grade math.  Younger Boy is currently in sixth grade and Middle Boy in eighth.  Tonight we worked on time and money.  Not together, but things like:

How many minutes in an hour?
How many days in a year?
How many months in a year?
How many dimes in a dollar?
How many nickels in a quarter?

You get the picture. 

I think there were 25 questions about each.  The first time through each boy got one right in each category.

No wonder when I say things like lets go at quarter til five no one is ever ready.  Neither one of them have any idea when that is.  Not only that, but they don't have the confidence to ask what I mean.  I am going to change that.

Operation Math Skills is changing all of our lives...in a positive way.  It is giving them more self-esteem and confidence in themselves and their intelligence.  It is giving us more family time.  It is helping me understand more about them.  Last, but not least, they are learning math.

Praises for Operation Math Skills.
0 Responses

Post a Comment