Denise
Apparently I do not understand how human interaction works.

I always thought that if something was said and someone felt hurt or disrespected by the comment then the comment was disrespectful.  Apparently when it is said as a joke or to waste your time that isn't true.

Middle Boy and I had ANOTHER conversation about this today.  It was because he had a psychiatrist appointment today and every question asked by the psychiatrist was met with a sarcastic, false, or exaggerated answer.  Twice during the appointment I called him on it and three times the psychiatrist said something.

When we got to the car I asked Middle Boy about it.  He told me that he was joking and it isn't disrespectful or rude.  I explained that when you are PAYING someone to be your health professional you treat them with respect.  When an adult asks you a question, you answer with respect.  It is infuriating.

Of course when you mention this to him you are being disrespectful, because you don't understand humor.

Prayers this will start to sink in with Middle Boy.  It is becoming an issue in all facets of life.
0 Responses

Post a Comment