Denise
Today I had both of my subsidy meetings for the adoption.  When you adopt children out of the foster care system who are over the age of 10 you continue to get a federal stipend until they reach age 19.

Of course our state used to not use a form to get your payment, but they would just make your subsidy $1 less than your foster care payment per month.  When they were federally audited (and ranked 48 out of 50) they started to use the federal subsidy form.

Here's the thing.  You and your caseworker fill out the forms for the subsidy.  It gets entered into the federal program, but our state adds a step.  You have to meet with a state worker to justify all of your answers on the subsidy form.  Really, why?  You and your caseworker have to agree on EVERY answer and you have to have legal documentation to back up every answer.  From everything I have heard it is a BATTLE to get even half of the subsidy that the federal program would give.  WHY?

I don't understand why every single step of this has to be so ridiculous and a battle.  I am trying to adopt kids out of the system. 

Prayers I don't get too frustrated with this process.
0 Responses

Post a Comment