Denise
What I learned over the course of the weekend is that while Younger Boy and Middle Boy have their own sets of behaviors I am pretty lucky.  They have come a long way in terms of respect and following directions.

Having other kids in your home will do that for you. 

I was proud of my boys.  More than once they tried to correct the other two.  More than once they said things like "it wouldn't hurt you to say please" and "did you ask before you took that".  Middle Boy also came in the house at one point to tell me he wasn't comfortable with the choices one of the other boys was making.  This made me see that they aren't completely followers and they are actually listening even though it doesn't always seem like it.

It also made me pause and think about adding more foster kiddos to our home.  We'll see...once things settle down again.

Praises for perspective.  Sometimes I need to have mine forced upon me.

Praises for Middle Boy and Younger Boy...while they are not perfect I wouldn't trade them for the world.
0 Responses

Post a Comment