Denise
Anne's Tuesday Attachment Post...what I look forward to.  How pathetic does that make me?  This weeks post is helpful to me.  Here's her post:

Attachment

Staring Game - Neither of my boys can do this.  Middle Boy doesn't make eye contact with adults.  I can get him to make eye contact with me for very brief periods of time, but only if I request it.  Younger Boy can make eye contact with everyone, but me.  We have been working on this one.

Hair Brushing - They are boys...they don't own a comb or a brush and if you have ever seen them you can tell!!

Telling Stories - They love to hear stories about me and my sisters when we were younger.  I don't hear many happy stories from either of them.  I have heard so many stories that break my heart.  Stories that I just have to turn over to God, because honestly I don't know what to do with them and if I dwell on them it paralyzes me.  These are my boys and other people hurt them.

Back Scratches - Younger Boy loves having his back massaged.  We started with the dot, dot, line, line game.  Occassionally he will seek it out.  Middle Boy loves to have his back scratched, but any type of shoulder rub or back rub sends him through the roof screaming in pain.  To touch his shoulder near his neck is enough to send him over the edge.

Rocking - As absurd as this probably sounds to those of you who have met the boys, I rock them.  Pretty regularly.  I nearly always rock Younger Boy when he is sad and Middle Boy when he is frustrated with himself.  It makes a difference...a big difference.

Anne's post today made me think maybe I am actually doing something right in the realm of attachment and not just throwing gas on a fire.

0 Responses

Post a Comment