Denise
Tonight Middle Boy and I were discussing therapy homework and my desire for him to buckle down and get it done.

I asked him to find out tonight from Therapist L what he needed to do to get done by August before school starts.

He asked why he should be motivated to do it.  When I said he should be motiviated so that we didn't have to take five hours out of our week to go to his court-ordered therapy including drive time and that he would get off the electronic monitor and probation.  His reply was "there is no guarantee that will happen".  He is right, but there is a guarantee it WON'T happen if he doesn't finish therapy.

It evolved into a discussion on effort and attitude.  He told me there is no reason to put effort into anything in life, because he is NEVER going to be the best at anything.  I asked him to name two things he felt like he puts effort into.  He couldn't name any.  So frustrating!!

Therapist L told him he will really have to work hard to finish by August.  REALLY HARD, but it is still possible.

Prayers for motivation and discipline.
0 Responses

Post a Comment