Denise
I have been battling...literally battling...with Middle Boy's agency about child care for this summer.  He is court ordered to be supervised for the summer and based on foster care rules can't be alone all day BUT...they don't pay for child care for anyone over the age of 13.

I have been arguing that if I am required to send him to a program, because of their policies and Title XX pays for all other daycare that Title XX should cover this.

Of course there was no decision made in a timely manner so I was forced to cover the cost of the deposit to get enrolled. 

Today I found out that they are going to pay for it in its entirety.  I didn't really pay attention to the details of how, because it doesn't matter.  Title XX is going to pay for it and I will be reimbursed.

We have been discussing this since FEBRUARY.  I suspect most people would have just said "forget it I'll just pay".  That's not me.  If the state pays for child care for foster kids they should pay for all child care for all foster kids.

I'm done with my daily rant about care.

Praises for the state paying for this care.  It wasn't going to be cheap.

0 Responses

Post a Comment