Denise
Middle Boy came to me as we were working on the basement and said that he wanted to talk about what had happened that day.

He wanted to tell me why they didn't clean up the basement since it needed to be done for the painters for tomorrow. 

He explained he was tired from the night before because he had chosen to not listen to me when I told him he needed to go to bed.  As a result he had chosen to lay around and not do much all day except for the things interesting to him.  These are all his words not mine.  He went on to apologize for disappointing me and not having follow through on a promise.  He acknowledged this isn't the type of person he wants to be and promises to make an effort going forward.

Am I disappointed Middle Boy didn't do anything all day?  You bet.  Here's the thing though.  Six months ago it would have somehow been my fault, Younger Boy's fault, the painting team's fault, or maybe even Sophie's fault that he didn't get the cleaning done.  He would have went on and on about how I hated him and tried to turn the tables on the whole thing.  That didn't happen.  I didn't have to ask him to take accountability for his actions, he chose to.  In my opinion this is actually something to celebrate.

Prayers for continued accountability for his actions.  Praises for recognition of behaviors and a willingness to confess.
0 Responses

Post a Comment