Denise
So...today our aftercare worker came to our home.

So many interesting things surrounding this.

First....I already knew her, but didn't realize it.  When I knew her 18 months ago she went by a shortened version of her first name and she worked at Older Boy's behavioral day care.

Second...the reason it took three months to get aftercare is that we were assigned a worker right after the adoption, but she never contacted any clients and now doesn't work for the state any longer.  So...this worker was assigned our case three months in.  She apologized about TWENTY times.

I gave her a list of tasks to work on.  We'll see what she comes back with.

Interestingly she also knew about an email I had sent to the "team" of people I will be meeting with questioning aftercare and the quality.  Someone is doing something with my feedback.

The meeting went OK.  The boys were marginally receptive....at best.  They are kind of  "done" with the whole system thing.

0 Responses

Post a Comment