Denise
After school today the boys were playing basketball out on the driveway.

Younger Boy went up for a shot and a lighter flew out of his pocket.  Middle Boy asked him what it was and he said, "a pen".  Middle Boy brought it in to me.

Here is how the discussion went:

Where did you get the lighter?

A friend dropped it in my pocket when I wasn't looking.

What is your friend's name?  I would like to call their parents and the school since they shouldn't have a lighter at school.

You can't call them.  They are moving tonight.

That's okay.  Most people transfer their phone number with them when they move.

I don't know his last name.

That's okay.  Just give me his first name I can probably figure it out.

I don't know his first name.

I thought he was your friend.

He is, but I don't know his name.

Do you know what he looks like?

Yes.

Then tomorrow I will go to school with you and you can point him out.  Then I can just find out his name from the teacher.

I found the lighter in the parking lot.

I thought a friend dropped it in your pocket.

Why doesn't anyone ever believe me?

End of conversation, because then there was crying and screaming and slamming.

Why doesn't anyone ever believe you?  Hmmm....I wonder.
0 Responses

Post a Comment