Denise
I am surprised to find myself becoming really good friends with Middle Boy's current foster mom.  At first I had a preconceived notion that I didn't like her because the placement of Middle Boy in their home didn't work out.

I was wrong.  She cares about Middle Boy.  A LOT.  She wants him to be happy.  No one is happy in their current situation.  It was a mutual thing that they are not the forever family for him.

She and I are talking every day.  She is having to manage the everyday discussions of what is happening in the case and try to explain it to Middle Boy.  She is seeing his frustration and his tears.  She is seeing him "be done" with them.

We both wish the system worked faster and better.  I hope the friendship continues.

Praises for friendship and caring people in the system.  Prayers for the Z family during this transition as well.
0 Responses

Post a Comment