Denise
I went to a foster care support group tonight.  There were three of us there.  It is hard for me to believe that there are only three foster parents out there who need the support of other foster parents.

One of the women I know quite well from church.  She has actually either adopted or is the guardian of all four of her foster kids.  She now has EIGHT kids.  Her four grown biological children and her adopted children.  Just for good measure she has a foriegn exchange student from France this school year as well.

The other woman I just met.  Her heart is breaking.  She has had two foster girls for the last sixteen months.  One is 16 and the other is 4.  They are sisters.  They are going home on Friday.  As I type this my heart is breaking for her.  That is a situation I was praying I would NEVER find myself in.  I have tears for her.  She seems to be handling it okay.  She is part of their safety plan for returning home which essentially means the bio parent can call her for anything she might need or to take the kids if needed.  She has an uneasy feeling about reunification for a lot of reasons.

Pray for her and pray for her girls.  She finds herself saying good-bye with a five day notice.  Pray for the girls and the bio family.  Transitions aren't easy. 

Pray for the foster mom's heart.  She has a strong faith.
0 Responses

Post a Comment