Denise
When I picked up Older Boy at daycare I didn't even make it to the classroom before his teacher met me in the hallway.  That can never be a good sign.

Older Boy had what they described as a "defiant day".  He did not participate in any of their activities, but instead spent his time kicking the wall and punching the bulletin board.  When asked to participate in things he shut down immediately.

They said this was the most defiant they had seen him in weeks. 

I'll be honest...this didn't really make me want to load him in the car and take him home.

On the way home I asked him about homework.  He said he didn't have any.  I knew this was not true, because I had gotten a call from one of his teachers requesting an academic detention since he hasn't turned anything in FOR THREE WEEKS.  I told him about the call and immediately he told me she was lying and must have him confused with someone else.  Really?  Since he didn't bring anything home there wasn't much we could do about it.  I had told his teacher that it was fine if he stayed for academic detention each day until all of his work was completed.  He will NOT be happy about this especially since it means missing football.

He did OK for most of the evening, but when it was time to shower he EXPLODED about how he always takes a shower first.  Not true, because we rotate.  Of course, even if it is on a calendar he believes the information is wrong and he is right.  Just not worth fighting over.

He did do a great job of not being distracting while I had family therapy with Middle Boy.  It could have EASILY gone either way.

Prayers for my patience with the continual defiance.  It makes me realize how God feels when we constantly ignore what He is trying to tell us.
0 Responses

Post a Comment