Denise
In the past few days I have found myself with the opportunity to speak to people who are considering or are in the process of becoming foster parents. 

B is a single professional woman very much like I am.  She volunteers at camp and wants to be more involved.  I believe when I first met her she thought she wanted to be a CASA.  In so many ways I see B in the same position I was in about two years ago.  I was an obstacle spotter.  If there was any possible reason I could not under any circumstances become a foster parent I had thought of it.  I didn't have the time.  I didn't have the money.  I didn't have a local support system.  I didn't have any support system.  My house was too small.  I would be a bad parent.  You name the obstacle, I spotted it.  What I have learned in my journey is this....if I didn't currently HAVE to figure it out I couldn't.  God always provides...when you need it.  He doesn't help you figure out daycare if you don't need daycare.

I had a great talk with B on Monday night.  She would be an AMAZING foster parent.  She tells me she likes littler kids.  B...they need foster parents, too.

Please pray for B as she continues to pray and explore the possibilities of being a foster parent.  I will be her local support group.  I want her to know that.

I also had the opportunity of talking to K and G.  They are with my agency and are in class right now.  They had a lot of questions and I was able to help them have a better understanding of how some of the things work right now.  They will be GREAT foster parents.  They are following what they believe God is asking them to do.

Pray for them on their journey.

Praises for people who are willing to follow God's promptings and take a leap of faith.
0 Responses

Post a Comment