Denise
Last school year I tried to get registered for the OPS parent portal at school.  Because I didn't have educational surrogacy I couldn't have permission to access it.  Now I have surrogacy...now I can access it.

What is it?  It's a website where I can go online to find out whether or not homework was turned in on any given day.  I can also find out if someone was absent or tardy and the reason given.  I can also look at the homework for any given day as well as print out an "in progress" report card.

This is not going to be pretty for boys who tell me they don't have homework when they do.  Today was the first time I could look.

I was disappointed to find that Older Boy has skipped eight classes so far this year.  Unknown absence.  I was also disappointed to find out that he hasn't turned in ANY homework all year in two of his classes.  Part of me also wonders at what point I would get a call from the school, because I haven't yet.

Younger Boy is VERY delinquent in homework...VERY delinquent.  It will be interesting to know what kind of excuse he might be able to make for it.

I also know that Middle Boy already has homework.  He is a little bit luckier, because he schedule alterates every other day.  He has a little more leeway, but not much.

Homework and school has been one of my biggest nemesis in this journey.  Now at least I feel like I have a tool to help me.

Prayers for understanding the importance of school.
0 Responses

Post a Comment