Denise
Older Boy had therapy tonight.  When Therapist J got to our house I asked Older Boy if he wanted to tell Therapist J what had happened the night before or if I should.  Older Boy claimed to to have no idea what I was talking about.  He said he didn't remember anything happening on Wednesday.

I started to tell Therapist J the story and Older Boy soon interjected with "that's a lie" and "that's not true".  Immediately Therapist J stepped in and pointed out that Older Boy didn't remember what happened so how does he know the story is not true.  Older Boy then got angry and said I was just lying.

We talked about kicking the railing and him punching me and me having to call 911.  Older Boy is convinced that I was calling 911 to get him in trouble and that if I would just stop calling 911 we wouldn't have these troubles.  Therapist J explained that if there wasn't violence in our home we wouldn't ever have to call 911.  He asked who was doing the violent things and who was really responsible for the police coming to our house.  Older Boy again claimed I am responsible, because I made the call.  Ultimately we just had to quit talking about it, because we could see behavior escalating and I didn't want to have to call during therapy.

After therapy was over I talked to Therapist J.  The session was difficult for him.  Older Boy spent the majority of the time being quite defiant alternating with pretending to sleep and covering his face with a pillow.  We talked about how life would not be fun in Older Boy's reality.  Both of us believe he truly doesn't understand he is the cause of any of this and that literally everyone is out to get him.  That can't be an easy way to live.

Praises for Therapist J.  He is working really hard at getting through to Older Boy.  I think he is starting to break through, but it is going to be a long road.  I am just hoping therapy with Therapist J can continue.

Prayers for understanding and healing.
0 Responses

Post a Comment