Denise
Tonight's bedtime discussion topic was "what do you think I should change my name to if I get adopted?".

It seems Middle Boy and Younger Boy have been discussing this with each other at length.  Older Boy was already sleeping when they decided this was the "perfect" thing to talk about tonight.

Both boys are ADAMANT about changing their last name to my last name.  Middle Boy thinks he'll keep his first name unless I will okay something "way cooler".  The "way cooler" names that were presented were all promptly vetoed by me.  He talked about Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee.  He talked about Drake.  He talked about a whole bunch of partner things he and Younger Boy could be.

Younger Boy wants his initials to be AAA, but doesn't have any names in mind.  I listed every A name I could come up with and he doesn't like any of them. 

They talked about trading first names.  Also not a popular choice of mine, because I see nothing but a lot of confusion surrounding it. 

One day we will likely need to have a serious discussion about it.  Honestly I don't really care what they change their names to as long as they aren't completely ridiculous.  I kind of like the names they have.  I probably wouldn't have chosen them for them, but they kind of fit.

Prayers for patience for adoption.
0 Responses

Post a Comment