Denise
Older Boy volunteers as a student manager for his middle school's football team.  He helps them out every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Today I exchanged the following texts with him:

"Coach does not need me."
"Have him email me and tell me."
"He's not here today."
"You need to go to practice anyway."

At this point I emailed Coach.  He was there and did not tell Older Boy he didn't need him.

"Coach is there.  I just talked to him.  Were you lying?  I'm not happy about it."
"I'm not lying."
"I talked to Coach.  He is there and he didn't say he didn't need him.  Is what you said true?"
"I talked to Coach.  He needs me so I need a ride home after football can you pick me up?"
"You can ride the bus like always."
"I forgot to sign up."

At this point I called the school.  He is automatically signed up every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as an athlete.

"Can you call Mentor M and see if he can pick me up?"
"No, you are signed up for the bus.  Ride the bus."

I asked about it when he got home.  He is sticking to his story that nothing he told me was untrue and why didn't I believe him.

I don't even know where to go with this one.

Pray he will understand I am not gullible and I have a hard time tolerating lying.
0 Responses

Post a Comment