Denise
Older Boy called me FOURTEEN times today.  He also texted me TWELVE times.  All after 2:30pm when he got out of school and 5pm when I left work to pick him up.

When he got home I explained to him that he is only to call me if there is an emergency, because I am working.  I can't spend the entire afternoon taking his calls wanting to know what we are having for dinner and what time we are leaving for youth group and if he can have ice cream for a bedtime snack.  Those are NOT emergencies.

It all became a moot point, because after we talked about it he left the living room and called me a profane name starting with an F.  He no longer has a phone to contact me.  Of course, he didn't mean to call me a name.  He doesn't need to be accountable for it.

Prayers he will one day understand accountability.
0 Responses

Post a Comment