Denise
Middle Boy and Younger Boy came into my room after about 15 minutes and apologized for not listening.  They both wanted to hold my hand and comfort me.  I explained that I was tired and I did not mean to ever cry in front of them and I was sorry.

Middle Boy said "I'm glad you are real, because sometimes you have to let it out."

What made my heart smile the most was when the two boys hugged each other and said "I love you being my brother."

Since the boys didn't have school today we stayed up for a little while and talked.  They love asking me about what my life was like as a kid.  They both wanted to know what the first thing I remembered happening in my life was.  They both shared their first memory...both made me tear up again.  I wish neither of them had the first memory they do.  Middle Boy shared that he hates remembering his first memory, but that sometimes when he doesn't expect it he remembers it again and that it always makes me sad.  Younger Boy said he has a reminder of his first memory every time he combs his hair so he can never get away from it.  My heart breaks.

Middle Boy said to Younger Boy..."You know what.  We had to go through all that stuff to end up living here.  It was God's plan for us."  Younger Boy said "Ever since I knew about God I prayed for a good foster mom who would adopt me."  Middle Boy said "You don't know how many times I prayed for a family and someone to love me."

I hope I can be their forever family.  I hope this is it for them.

Prayer for God to continue to move in their lives and in their hearts.  Pray he would continue to soften their hearts and that they would become godly men.

Praises for the kindness and compassion.
0 Responses

Post a Comment