Denise
Older Boy had a lot of questions for me when I picked him up from daycare today.

At the hospital on Sunday they had told him there was the possibility of a group home.  I'm not sure he even understands what that is.  He believes it has a negative connotation.  I do know that much.

He asked me if he was going to keep living with me.  Almost the first thing out of his mouth...with the exception of "what's for dinner?".  I don't want to lie to these boys.  They have been told so many things in the past that didn't happen.  I do my best to be honest with the knowledge I have.

I told him he was going to live at the place where he could get the help he needs with his anger.  I told him I don't have any idea where it will be or when it will be.  He asked what would happen if he had to go somewhere.  I told him if he has to go somewhere he will always be welcome at my house on holidays and when he has breaks from his program and that I would visit him.  He asked how long he might have to be at another home.  I told him that kind of depended on him and how much he worked on his behaviors.  He actually asked what if it takes his whole life.  I said "then for your whole life I will visit you and you will be welcome at my house on holidays and breaks".

He said "I know I need help."  I am going to tell the judge in court tomorrow that I need him to help me.
0 Responses

Post a Comment