Denise
Today was a family team meeting for Older Boy and Younger Boy.  The question about permanency comes up quite regularly now at every single family team meeting.

It's complicated with these two.  Yes....I am planning to adopt Younger Boy.  I don't know...is the answer to Older Boy.  First and foremost I want Older Boy to get the help he needs.  I am going to stay involved in the life of Older Boy.  What will that look like?  I don't know.  What could it look like?  There are a few options.

There is no way Older Boy would understand Younger Boy getting adopted and him not getting adopted.  Guardianship might be able to be presented the same.  I think that this would increase his feelings of no one wanting him or loving him.

If I adopt him or become his guardian then I won't be able to get DD services for him.  If I am his DD caregiver I won't be his DD guardian.  Where can I make the most impact in the life of Older Boy? 

The whole thing might not matter if he doesn't qualify for DD services.  If he does how am I best capable of making sure he gets what he needs in life while keeping him in the lives of his siblings?

Prayers for clarity and wisdom as it relates to the ongoing care of Older Boy.  Prayers for God's timing on the whole thing.
0 Responses

Post a Comment