Denise
Middle Boy asked me tonight if I felt like we have a connection between the two of us. 

I told him I had a story for him and that I hope it didn't freak him out, but yes...I do feel like we have a connection.

Here's the story.

I "met" Middle Boy a few years ago when he was on the heart gallery.  I was drawn to him for a reason I can't explain.  I prayed for him every day for a long time.  Well over six months and asked God to watch over him, heal him, and keep him safe. 

I went back to the heart gallery a while later and his picture was gone.  Usually this means they have been placed and are out of the system or something else has happened and they don't need a home.

Every now and then he crossed my mind and I would say a quick prayer for him.

This summer at the teenage boys camp Middle Boy got off the bus.  I literally gasped.  He was "that kid".  I told Coach Z and Babysitter N and Friend T.  I had to meet him and find out how he was doing.

He came to activity centers where I was working and I just wanted to talk to him.  Wanted to see how he was...if he was happy.  We sat and made crafts together for three days.

I found out over the course of camp that he was in a pre-adoptive home and his adoption was going to be final in November.  I was kind of sad, but also happy that he was going to have a forever family.

I asked Middle Boy if he remembered any of that.  He said that he remembered me tellling him at the end of camp when we were saying good-bye that maybe we would see each other again someday.  That is exactly what I said...through teary eyes.

Two weeks later I got a call from Friend T who works at his agency.  He wasn't going to be adopted in November.  He was going to be moving.  Did I want him to live with me? 

OF COURSE...I was on pins and needles waiting for his caseworker to call.  What if he didn't want to live with me?  What if they thought I wasn't a good home for him?  What if he didn't get along with the other two who I was planning to be my forever family?

I asked Middle Boy what he thought.  He said he feels that connection to.  He doesn't know what.  He just does.

Here is what I think about all these boys....

I wish I would have known you sooner, so I could have loved you longer.

Praises for these boys...each of them.
0 Responses

Post a Comment