Denise
I never know what to expect with family therapy.  It is so different with every kid and with every therapist. 

Tonight it was family therapy with Middle Boy and Therapist A.  I like her.  Middle Boy tolerates/likes her.  He just doesn't trust therapists in general.  He would know.  He's had a lot of them.

We talked about how things are going at home.  Middle Boy was telling her about eveything we have been doing and all about school and his new girlfriend and Older Boy and Younger Boy.  He was funny and sarcastic and was answering her questions.

She asked if we talked about anything serious in our home.  He listed some of the conversations we have had during "question of the day".  That is a time when Middle Boy and Younger Boy can each ask me a question they want to understand and I can ask them both the same question and we just talk.  Therapist A asked him if he participates....he does.  He told her he did and she was shocked.

After Middle Boy left the session so we could wrap up Therapist A started to cry.  She told me that she had honestly never seen Middle Boy smile before.  I told her the boy she saw at my house is the boy I see every single day.  We talked about how she has been his therapist for a while and she is wondering when and if he will become the person he was at his last placement.  She said she is so happy for him.

When she left I talked to him about it.  We talked about how she had never seen him happy and what he thought the differences were.  God put Middle Boy in my life.  We are on this journey together.  That is pretty clear to me.

I'm not expecting it to be good all the time.  I am expecting the honeymoon to end.  I am ready, but I know we will make it through.

Praises for lives changed through the love of God.
0 Responses

Post a Comment