Denise
Termination is a phrase used quite often in foster care. It is often times what happens to a parent's rights when the court removes their children from their care.

In our case I am talking about a relationship one of the boys has.

I am so frustrated and saddened by a relationship that we all have in our lives. It seems like a battle and I don't want it to be.

First let me start by saying this. My boys need strong male role models in their lives. I totally get it and whole-heartedly support that. What I don't support is those same role models undermining my role as the parent or telling my boys that maybe they shouldn't be in my home because there is no male role model. Maybe I wasn't the right home for what they needed. I AM THE PARENT. I don't appreciate others making parenting decisions and executing them for me...without my knowledge. I have the state for that right now until these adoptions are final.

I am praying through the termination of this relationship. I am hurt. Maybe we could focus on the things my boys have that they have never had before. Maybe we could focus on God as the perfect father. Maybe I don't do things the way you do, but that doesn't mean your way is perfect. I doesn't mean my way is wrong. I don't need any more input. I just need to be left alone to celebrate our first holiday together.

Prayers for wisdom in this relationship both in what to do and in how to move forward.

Prayers for healing of my heart in this relationship.

Prayers for discernment for the boys who have both talked to me about the information they got regarding the male influence in their lives. In one boy it has undermined the trust in me and in the other it has undermined their trust in the male role model.
0 Responses

Post a Comment