Denise
So...homework went fairly well for about a week.  The stretch was a longer stretch than in the past, but we are now back to the old behavior.  Therapist J thinks it is fear of doing well, because it seems uncomfortable.

Younger Boy did ALL of his homework for a week.  He got ahead.  Monday it started falling apart...tonight was a disaster.  On Monday night Younger Boy told me he had math homework due on Wednesday, but that he didn't know the assignment.  He assured me he was going to get it today.  Tonight when I asked about it he said his teacher didn't give him the assignment so he didn't bring home his book.  I asked why not and was shocked at the response..."shut the f*** up".  Really, that is the response you chose to why you didn't bring home your math book.

I explained that is COMPLETELY unacceptable to talk to me like that under ANY circumstance.  His choice of words were something I never wanted to hear him say again.

He kept saying "I don't care."  I gave him a consequence to which he replied "I don't care."

I asked if he intended to try to work on his behavior or anger.  This has been a big topic during therapy for him.  Each week he has to rate the amount of effort he is putting in toward implementation of the things they are talking about.  They rate it on a scale of 1 - 10.  Every week he gives himself a 1.  I agree with his assessment. 

Younger Boy NEVER shows remorse.  It is one of the characteristics of the disorder he has been diagnosed with.  It is frustrating.

Prayers for Younger Boy understanding that his language and actions are inappropriate.  There are a lot of years of bad examples to overcome, but I believe he can...if he wants to.
0 Responses

Post a Comment