Denise
Let me start by saying this...I have NOT had a Christmas tree since I was in college.  I am not Scrooge.  I just haven't had a tree. 

I do have nativity sets...I collect them, but they do not make it out every year...or even every other.

This year I am being forced to change my thoughts about the Christmas tree.  We each rated our desire to have one on a scale of one to ten.  I said two.  Middle Boy said four...I knew there was a reason I love him.  Younger Boy said TEN.  Really, ten? 

So...today we went and got a Christmas tree...and ornaments...and garland...and a tree stand...and a star...and a tree skirt.  I was able to convince Younger Boy that it was better to have the pre-lit tree.  He wasn't able to convince me that we should decorate outside the house as well.

We will be decorating our tree later this week.  I hope Younger Boy gets really into it or we may have a tree that has a lot of white lights and a star!!

Praises for the joy of Christmas!
0 Responses

Post a Comment