Denise
Today was our normal visit at the juvenile center.  Generally speaking we chat while we are either playing cards or dominoes.  It usually makes it easier for Middle Boy to open up.

Today he wanted to just talk.  He said, "I don't know if I am coming home on Tuesday, but if this is our last day of one hour of just me and you hanging out without interruptions I want it to be special."

We talked about his new attorney.  He swears she is only 20.  I explained that mathmatically that was unlikely due the amount of education required to be an attorney and the fact that she used to work in the county attorney's office.

We talked about him coming home.  We talked about what if he doesn't come home.  We talked about adoption and how the attorney's goal is to help him get home...as soon as possible.  We talked about keeping in touch with D and her grandson.  We prayed for everyone in his unit.

It was a beautiful visit...I am so thankful for the visit...without distraction.
0 Responses

Post a Comment