Denise
Middle Boy called three times today.  The maximum amount of time we can talk is 15 minutes per call. 

The first two calls today were less than 10 minutes, because his unit was leaving to go somewhere or he personally had to go and do something.

The third time he called one of the first things he said was "I'm sorry, Mom."  I was confused.  Sorry for what?  He said that every time he had called recently that he had to go before the end of the call and he was sorry about that.  He just called to tell me that he loves me very much and that he would try to call at times when he was sure they weren't leaving the unit. 

I'm just thankful to talk to him so often.  He doesn't have to call me...ever.  I told him it was okay.  I appreciated the call any time and for however long.

Praises for relationship.  Praises for compassion and caring.
0 Responses

Post a Comment