Denise
First off it has become apparent that Younger boy either didn't pay attention or didn't understand when we did the adoption study that the adoption is NOT happening this week.

When I picked him up today he asked what he could do to get the adoption back on track.  I was kind of confused by the question.  I asked what he meant and he said that he knew the adoption was being delayed, because he had been such a "j*** a**" recently.  Honestly...it was difficult to not laugh.  He kind of has.  For a minute I was actually conflicted between letting him think that it was delayed to see if behavior improved.  Then I realized that he needs unconditional love...just the same as everyone else.

I reminded him that we told him on Monday night that it would take a couple of months to finalize the adoption.  Whether or not he gets adopted and the timeframe have nothing to do with his behaviors.  I did remind him that his behaviors haven't been good lately and we need to work on it, but that isn't going to change whether or not he is adopted.

You could see the relief in his face.

I thought a lot about this...is this how we feel toward God?  He loves us unconditionally yet we still question and wonder if we are worthy. 

Praises for the unconditional love of God.
0 Responses

Post a Comment