Denise
Tonight after Younger Boy settled down and was in bed Middle Boy knocked on my door and asked if he could talk to me. He sat down and said "It's Wednesday. You visited on Wednesday and we got to spend an hour just talking. Just me and you."

We did. We talked for an hour every Wednesday and Sunday during the two months he was in the juvenile center. We talked every day on the phone for at least an hour...including Wednesday and Sunday.

He went on to tell me that is the only thing he misses about the juvenile center and could we just talk for a little while.

Honestly I don't know a lot about parenting, but I do know if your teenager is asking you to sit and talk with them you don't skip the opportunity.

He wanted to talk about his bio parents. I was SHOCKED. He never wants to talk abou them or anyone in his bio family. We talked about his mom and his dad. We talked about the person he is named after and his grandma. We talked about how much he loved his grandma and how she died of lung cancer when he lived with her. We talked about how he was abused in two separate foster homes...physically, emotionally, and sexually in one...physically and emotionally in another.

Words just kept pouring out of him. He is finally starting to heal. He finally feels loved and secure enough to open up. It didn't take us a lifetime to develop that trust.

Prayers for healing for Middle Boy. Tonight was the first step of many. I am glad I was there with him for it.
0 Responses

Post a Comment