Denise
We decided to stay up until midnight to celebrate the first minute of Christmas.

Shortly before midnight Middle Boy came downstairs with a ring box from my jewelry. Younger Boy had three wine glasses and the sparkling grape cider we had purchased on the way home.

Middle Boy sat down beside me and opened the ring box. He said, "I love you. Will you be my mom forever?" A tear slid down my cheek as I gave him a hug and said "yes".

Right at midnight we toasted to our first Christmas as a forever family. Although no adoptions have taken place in the courtroom they have absolutely taken place in my heart.

After we finished our toast we read the Christmas story from the book of Luke and headed for bed.

Praises for our new family. For the love that the boys have for God, for me and for each other.
0 Responses

Post a Comment