Denise
I haven't heard anything back from the attorneys I called last week.  I have left all of them another message.

I did call Attorney today to find out if he was actively working on the case and to have him explain some things to me.

The process now is as follows:  arraignment, adjudication, disposition.  In adult court the similar terms are:  arraignment, trial, sentencing.  Typically the evaluations we are doing now are part of the adjudication process so we are getting a jump start on that step.

I asked if kids typically go home at arraignment and he said no, but as soon as the evaluation is done we can do another detention review.  We will have to address everything on the evaluation in our plan.

I asked the typical length of time between the arraignment hearing and the adjudication.  He said with the court system the way it is now that adjudication will be toward the middle of February.  For now I am not going to tell Middle Boy that.

Attorney has agreed to send me all of the updates on Middle Boy's case so that I can understand what is going on and not have to get the information through Middle Boy or Service Coordinator.  That helps me out a lot.  Middle Boy does an OK job of telling me who visited, but I know he is going to therapy at the juvenile center and he hasn't ever made reference to that.

Prayers that this whole thing can be expedited as much as possible.  Prayers we can do the detention review before Christmas and that he can be home for the holidays. 

Prayers for wisdom for Attorney.  I am still wavering on if he is the right person for the job or not.  Middle Boy is vascillating on it as well. 

Prayers for a quick evaluation.  I want the evaluation to be accurate and if Middle Boy needs help I want to make sure he gets the help he needs.
0 Responses

Post a Comment