Denise
Middle Boy called this morning wanting me to stop on my way to visit to pick up the following things:  a composition notebook, a folder, and reading glasses.  Not only that, but he had an EXACT description of what the glasses should look like.  I knew that my chances of getting this right were VERY LOW.

I did end up having time to go get the items he wanted.  The glasses part made me NERVOUS.

Of course I can't just give him this stuff when I get there.  I had to register the glasses with the medical department and the notebook and folder with the education department.  The education department has to approve that he can have a folder and a composition notebook.  I imagine they will, because they are approving kids to receive People Magazine as educational materials.

When I got to the visit I was surprised to see that Middle Boy is now wearing his hair slicked back like Elvis...using lotion.  It isn't the best look I have seen.  It is better than his roommates look of about 40 really small ponytails though.  He needs a haircut.  One of the staff who works in the unit is a barber and cuts hair, but Middle Boy doesn't want his cut.  He hasn't had a haircut since before he moved in with me.  I did tell him that I am going to start wearing my hair in really crazy ways to visits, but he made me promise not to embarrass him.

We had a great visit...we laughed a lot.  That hasn't happened in a while.

Praises for Middle Boy and his renewed hope.
0 Responses

Post a Comment