Denise
Tonight we had dinner with another family from church.  This family has four kiddos they adopted out of the foster care system and are through the same agency as we are.

It was so good to hang out with them.  The kids had a good time.  They have two teen boys and an elementary school boy and girl.

They have a lot of the same issues as we have, but they also have some we don't.  I'm sure the same is true for them.

They have two kiddos who can't play outside unsupervised, because they will just open the door and go in neighbors houses without asking or knocking.  They also have trouble with stealing with two of their kiddos. 

I thought it was interesting that their eighth grader tells them he will get good grades in high school, because eighth grade isn't important.  It is the EXACT same thing Middle Boy says.

They also don't have any kiddos who accept any accountability for anything.  I totally get that.

We are going to get together again soon.

Praises for a good support system!!
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I hope you had a nice time at camp. I have missed reading your posts. I look forward to them daily.


Post a Comment