Denise
Tonight as we were driving to therapy Middle Boy and I were talking about his therapy program.  Ever since I wrote the reward/consequence contract with him he has really stepped up his game.

We were talking about the homework he had done during the week...mainly about his dysfunctional behavior cycle as it is called in his therapy class.  One of the questions he was asked was "name a time in the last week when you took accountability for your actions".  He told me he had trouble thinking of one.

He went on to tell me he is really trying hard right now, because he feels like there are two things standing in the way of his relationship with God...his anger and how disobedient he is.  Wow...pretty insightful for a 15 year-old boy.  He talked about how therapy was helping with the anger, but that he still felt he needed to talk to someone else about both the anger and disobedience.  It was pretty obvious to me it wasn't me he was wanting to talk to about it...and that's okay.

I asked him about talking to either his mentor or a pastor at church.  He said he isn't sure his mentor will understand and he doesn't really know any of the pastors well enough.  He did say he would love to talk to his former small group leader at church, A, about it.  He asked if I would call A to set something up.  Of course.

He is moving on to the high school group this year.  He wants to become an active participant in the group.  He sees the value. 

Praises for God working in Middle Boy's heart.
0 Responses

Post a Comment