Denise
Middle Boy talked to me this afternoon.  He told me he needs to take responsibility for his life.  He started the conversation.  Honestly it is an answer to my prayers.

I asked him what he means by that.

He said he needs to do the following:

1.  Get his homework done.
2.  Shower regularly.
3.  Take his meds.
4.  Be more respectful.
5.  Help out around the house.
6.  Start exercising and eating healthier.

We talked a lot about what each of those means.  I asked if he wanted my help in any of the areas or if he wanted reminders of his desire to take responsibility.  The reason I asked is because we have had similar conversations in the past and generally speaking an hour or so after the discussion it is like the talk never occurred.

He does want reminders, but not ones that "make him mad".  Essentially what he is saying is that when he makes a choice that contradicts his new responsibility he doesn't want to be reminded.

Prayers that this is truly the beginning of change.
0 Responses

Post a Comment