Denise
Middle Boy can't sleep tonight.

I told him I would sit by his bed and rub his back until he dozed off.

Honestly I have never seen someone who truly can't get their body to relax the way his was tonight.

The second he would start to relax one of the muscles in either his arms or legs would jerk or tense up.  It would be repeated over and over.

I sat and talked quietly to him and rubbing his back for over an hour.  We tried purposely tensing each muscle and then allowing it to relax.  That helped for a little while.  I felt HORRIBLE for him.  He really was trying.

The fact that he came to me and wanted me to know he couldn't sleep is actually a big step forward.  In the past it would have just involved him wandering around the house and waking up everyone else.

Prayers for restful sleep for all of us.  Praises for trying to sleep and making a good effort.
0 Responses

Post a Comment