Denise
I'll be honest...I wasn't excited about this evening.

Middle Boy had therapy again so Younger Boy and I again had an hour to kill. We talked a lot on the way to therapy about whether or not he was capable of going to the store with me. He said he knew that I didn't trust him in the store anymore, but that he wanted to earn the trust back. I tried to explain that once you have lost trust it is much more difficult to earn it back and just by following directions once that doesn't mean you can be trusted right away.

Younger Boy did great at the store. He stayed right by the cart the entire time. He was helpful. He didn't ask for a single thing until we got to the check-out and he wanted a pack of gum.

He loaded all of the items on the check-out stand. When he got to the cashier he asked her how her day was going and proceeded to tell her all about his day and they things he is doing. When I finished paying she said to me, "You have a real treasure there." Admittedly the first thing I thought was "you obviously weren't here at this time last week". You know what? She is right. He is a treasure. All of us are broken and in need of grace.

Praises for a precious time with Younger Boy. I really did enjoy his company during our time at the store.
0 Responses

Post a Comment