Denise
I'm losing my patience with the boys telling me they are going to do things and having zero follow through.

They will sit in the car on the way home and say "as soon as I get home I am going to ..." and then when we get home it is like the conversation never happened. This isn't me asking them to do things. This is them volunteering to do things.

Last week the boys told me they were going to be in bed no later than 9:30pm every school night since we have to get up early. It isn't happening. Bedtime is such a battle at our house. No consequences work. No rewards work. Nothing.

It is now 1:45am and both boys are still up. Both are telling me that this is the "last time". They promise. I know this drill. This is the "last time" until the next "last time".

Middle Boy was adamant that I need to trust them on this. That on Monday everything is going to be different from now on. I honestly have zero trust that this is going to happen. ZERO.

I'm exhausted. I'm done battling it. I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

Prayers for sleep.
0 Responses

Post a Comment