Denise
Sometimes encouragement comes from people who don't even know they are encouraging you. An acquaintance, who I like to think of as a friend, wrote this on her blog about feelings and attachment.

Thankful for Hope

While our situations are somewhat different our journeys with children in our home look a lot the same right now.

She is a source of inspiration to me.  Her words speak truth to me some days when I am discouraged.  I admire her and her spirit.

I have also been encouraged by the following blogs about adoption of older kids with RAD.

I have never met Anne who is the author of this blog, but she faithfully follows my blog and encourages me in many ways.  This post of her's particularly struck home with me, because it made me know that the frustrations in my home are not uncommon amongst families with a RAD kiddo.

Bringing Borya Home

Anne pointed me in the direction of Kate.  Kate has adopted kiddos with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), RAD (reactive attachment disorder), and fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS).  Both of my boys are PTSD, RAD, and FAS (NOS).  The NOS means that it can't be ruled out and the majority of the characteristics present themselves, but it also isn't a firm diagnosis.

Kate's blog struck a nerve with me on both of the following posts...

Kate's Wish - PTSD

Kate's Wish - FAS

Ladies...you encourage me.  You make me feel so "not alone".  My heart and my prayers go out to you and your families.  Your posts could have been written by me.

I don't know why you blog.  If you are like me you just want to have a place to capture your thoughts, share your trials, and celebrate your victories...regardless of how small.

0 Responses

Post a Comment