Denise
Middle Boy had student led conferences at school today.

There was a common theme in EVERY CLASS. Middle Boy is polite and a joy to be around. He is also incredibly intelligent, but he is not working up to his potential. The majority of the problem is missing work. In every class...including PE and music.

This makes me CRAZY. We are at mid term through the third quarter so there is still a chance to turn it around. All of the teachers allow missing work to be turned in until the end of the quarter. He had previously told me that this wasn't an option.

When we got home I asked him about it. Asked him if he was making a conscious decision not to do it or if he was just lazy or what. He said he honestly had no idea. I think I believe that he doesn't know.

I don't actually know how to help him. I joked with one of the teachers that I could come in every day and pick up the homework and if that didn't work I would quit my job and just sit with him in class every day. He was truly mortified by both of those options.

One of the teachers did comment that he seemed to have some really strong friendships. Honestly with a foster kid that is just as important as the academic side, because it shows that they are experiencing stability.

Prayers for motivation for Middle Boy and wisdom for me to know how to help.
0 Responses

Post a Comment