Denise
Today after therapy I had my regular consultation with the therapists.

While I am VERY ENCOURAGED by the progress we are making I can't help but be worried by some of the things we talked about.

Younger Boy is showing signs of Dissociative Identity Disorder.  This used to be referred to as Multiple Personality Disorder.  They believe the regression to being a toddler and his ability to quickly switch back and forth are early indicators.

They also believe that his alternative personality is not fully formed and that it can be stopped through continued therapy.  Perhaps more intensive therapy than we are currently doing, but stopped nonetheless.  They do think had it gone on another year or more that the other identity would have formed.

They also said that the amount of trauma Younger Boy has experienced in his life is in the top five of any that they have ever seen in their practice.  They said he is the hardest kind of kid to work with because he is high functioning yet is unable to identify his own feelings and thoughts.

However...there is hope.  A lot of hope.  Therapeutic parenting is going to play a huge role. 

Therapeutic parenting is hard, but I am lucky that it is the only type of parenting I have ever had the privilege to do.  God thought I was up to the task.  He has prepared me for it for my entire life and has given me every tool I have needed.

Now...I just need to trust in Him and his plan for Younger Boy.  I will do my part.
0 Responses

Post a Comment